Saturday, January 7, 2012

My made-up Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Empty 2 cans chicken broth in crockpot with 2 cups water, add more water if needed. Add 3-4 bay leaves and some Italian seasoning, I used the McCormicks Italian seasoning grinder, 3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped. Place whole chicken in broth, set crock pot on high for 2-3 hours, until chicken is done & ready to fall off the bones. OR:(you can cook on low heat all night, even better) I carefully took the chicken out and placed it on a platter, like you would a turkey, and removed the skin & bones. I poured the broth into a large glass container to cool, as I will use the broth later by freezing it when cool for chicken noodle soup & other recipes that call for chicken broth. I also removed the bay leaves & discarded them. I separated the chicken into small pieces, but not to small, it just falls apart. Place back into empty crock pot, Add 2-3 cans tomato sauce, or jarred sauce & 2 cans of diced tomatoes, or freshly diced tomatoes. Add 2 T Italian seasoning, 1 T Basil, 1 T. Oregano and either 2-3 cloves finely chopped garlic, or garlic salt to taste. Let simmer for about an hour or more, until hot. 
Serve over pasta or rice, we used angel hair pasta and topped it with freshly grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese, serve with salad and French bread. Glass of wine, optional! Delish!
Grace almost 14 



Jade age 13


Jalin age 8
    

  
Ava almost 9 

Isaiah age 5
I am working on a new link on the blog, where I will be able to post the Fleece Tied Blankets, Asian DollsGoldendoodle Puppies and other Misc. things we might be selling, so I can free up space on my FB page, separate it from my blogging about our family etc., and be able to add a Paypal link etc.  Be watching for that coming very soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment