Friday, January 15, 2010

LWB Heartbridge Unit in China


Be sure to click on the link to LWB Heartbridge, to see the children and learn more about this wonderful program.  LWB Heartbridge Unit, giving HOPE to children born in China with special needs, including prematurity, club feet, cleft lip/palate, cancer and other illnesses. We have adopted children with visual impairments, cleft lip/palate, bilateral club foot, cerebral palsy, umbilical hernia and we have dealt with ADD, surgeries & brain cancer, but All of our children are blessings and gifts from God, they are not defined by any special need or illness they may have. They have all brought so much more to our lives, than we could ever imagine. It has not always been easy, but it has all been worth it! These children and thousands like them are without a FAMILY to help them through their illnesses, surgeries, but thankfully they have Heartbridge which does not take the place of a forever family, but they offer them the next best thing, Hope & Healing, until they too, can be adopted into a forever family of their own. Most of all they receive LOVE and are given HOPE for a future through the care they receive in the Heartbridge programs that LWB has established in China.  


Facebook lost half of my post and I cannot find it now, so will try to write the rest here:


I cannot even imagine Marissa going through her cancer battle without a family, without proper medical care,   ALONE.  


Would she have even received treatment?  Would she have even received palliative care?  It makes my heart hurt just thinking about it, but the fact is, children ARE fighting life threatening illnesses, diseases, disabilities, surgeries, ALONE, without the unconditional love of a forever family.  


Without adoption, would Marissa have ever discovered her love for drawing, her love of animals, especially horses?  Would she have known the love of a family?  She loved FAMILY, she loved ADOPTION, she wanted ALL the BABIES in China to be adopted.  She loved the Lord, she was beautiful inside and out, she had so much LOVE and Joy for everyone and every thing.  She had wisdom way beyond her years.  She was my soul mate, I cannot explain to you in words how close we were, I cannot explain to you how much her life changed me.  I am forever blessed to be her forever mom.  Not Flesh of My Flesh, but miraculously my own.  I could not have loved her more, had I given birth to her myself.  I feel that way about ALL of our children.  Adoption is a MIRACLE, it is a GIFT.   


Even though her life here was WAY too short, her life mattered to me, to our family and to all who knew and loved her.  Her life touched thousands of people all over this world.  Many children were adopted because of her, because of her life, because of her battle with cancer.

There are so many children still waiting to be adopted, in orphanages all over this world and in foster care right here in the U.S.  Sadly, thousands of children will never know the love of a family.  I know that our family cannot adopt them all, but that we can make a difference in the life of a child and so can each of you in one way or another, either by supporting non-profits like LWB and Half the Sky, Save the Children and countless others, or through adoption and foster care, YOU can make a difference in the life of a child.  


I know of a sibling group of NINE children from the Philipines that they are desperate to find a family for.  Who, will step out on Faith, to give these precious children a Forever Family, TOGETHER?   They will need a village to help them with the finances to adopt them all, to keep them together, to have a home large enough for an instant LARGE family, to buy clothing and groceries for them all.  Or will they remain in orphanages, ALONE and split apart?   It is NOT impossible, there is a family out there somewhere, that WILL step out on Faith to adopt them all.  It will not be easy for any family, but with support it CAN happen and they will be forever blessed.  


I also know of other sibling groups, but this is the largest that I am aware of at this time.  I have read their story, I have seen their pictures, I have looked into their eyes.  They have touched my heart deeply.


I know of 11 year old TWINS in China, a boy and a girl that are waiting for their forever family as well.  I have dreamt of twins, a boy and a girl, since I was a little girl.  They are running out of time, esp, when the adoption process takes so long, if someone has not started any of the process yet, when they find their child.  Children in China MUST be adopted before they turn 14, or they can never be adopted.  There are many, many  children that are very quickly aging out of the adoption system in China, as we speak.  It breaks my heart.  If money were not an issue, we would adopt again, most likely and it would be an older child, but with a house still for sale in KS and 5 children still at home, right now, we simply cannot, but if we can get the word out there about some of these children, maybe, just maybe, we can help some of them find their forever family by getting the word out on Facebook, or here on my blog and we can make a difference in that way.  


I hope this has you thinking and praying about adoption, foster care, or helping in other way that you can, to make a difference in the life of a waiting child somewhere in this world.  Blessings, Kim 













No comments:

Post a Comment